Thursday, February 4, 2010

cello love!

I guess I haven’t made this very widely known, but I play the cello! I’ve been playing for almost seven years and couldn’t live without it. Oftentimes when I’m going through bad times it’s a lot easier for me to express myself through my music than it is to find the words for how I’m feeling. The times when I’m playing my cello are really the only ones where I can just tune out everything else and just be. I know that sounds cliché but it’s true. This instrument is really special to me and I wouldn’t ever give it up.

I am constantly inspired by the cello, and clearly other people are too! For example:cello1 Contrived to Charm belt.

cello2cello3 Insanely awesome f-hole tattoos! First ladyraycello on flickr, second Musings of a Born Socialite.

cello4cello5 Recycled cello string bracelet with crystal and silver.

And my favorite piece at the moment (I say at the moment because I have soooo many and change my mind a lot):

I know that classical music can seem rather boring if it’s not what you’re used to, but I would really appreciate it if you guys would listen to this since cello is so close to my heart :]

Happy almost Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to play some sort of string instrument. I played clarinet in elementary school, and I can remember my little 9-year-old self wishing I was playing the violin.

    I listened to the video; it was very beautiful! I've never payed attention to a cello players hand while they were playing. It looks like it takes some strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw there's always room for some classical music---it's generally my radio-station of choice when I have to set my alarm. I used to play violin absolute *light years* ago, I'm talking age 5 or 6. I miss it very much now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the belt and bracelet are amazing. I'm really impressed you play Cello, I used to play the flute but could never get to grips with string instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about the ukulele. No, seriously :p and the guitar, which I also play :)
    thats an awesome belt, btw :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for cellos, they are hot instruments mind you. haha:) Seriously though, I'm really jealous and hope that in getting a guitar with f holes will make me feel better that I will never be able to play a cello...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love classical music, it's so fun to listen to. also, those f-hole tattoos are insanely awesome.

    and i got my boots at j. crew earlier this year. technically they're men's shoes, but the girl models wore them and i liked them, haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete