Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my irrational fears

So I don’t know exactly what’s bringing this post about, because it’s an awfully strange one. I suppose I’m so delirious from lack of sleep (not by choice) that I find it necessary to share some of my irrational fears. My anxiety about certain things almost rivals Aunt Josephine’s!aunt jo

Without further ado, they are:

1.) San Francisco falling off into the ocean during an earthquake. I want to live there, so you can imagine why this might be a problem.

2.) Unpeeled peaches. The FUZZ, specifically. Thinking about it at all makes me twitchy, and thinking about biting into it gives me a headache!peach

3.) Facial hair. Especially the stupid peach fuzz some boys get before it gets all bristly. Unacceptable.mustache

4.) Developing schizophrenia. For health class we had to do a project on a mental disorder and I chose paranoid schizophrenia. While I was researching, I was thinking, “Oh damn it. I have some of these symptoms already. So when I go off to college, I’m going to have some sort of crisis and snap! And bam, I’ll be schizophrenic.”

5.) Clogging other people’s toilets. Not that it’s ever happened, but I just think it would be so embarrassing if it did.

6.) Infinity. I looked this up actually and it’s called apeirophobia. My brain just can’t handle the concept.

Now that I’ve made myself seem like enough of a freak, tell me your irrational fears!

18 comments:

  1. we all fear some things that may seem strange. i fear losing things, i am also terrified of centipedes and millipedes. i am absolutely fine with any other creeping thing from spiders to scorpians but the way centipedes and millipedes walk just gives me the cringes♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness, 5 & 6 are definitely two of mine. I also get embarassed about EVERYTHING. And the worst thing is, I blush furiously when I am embarassed. Even stupid things like calling the library to ask if they have a book. I'm two scared to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. References to Aunt Josephine ftw! Interesting post, I totally agree with number 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with number 6. its such a wondrous thought. as for my personal fears, i fear my loved ones dying, immensely. when someone i love leaves the room or goes somewhere, like my mother for instance, i try to say nice things just before they leave, to make sure my last words to them won't be horrid. it is such a strange fear.
    i am also terrifies of spiders, and moths scare me slightly. feet make me cringe; just other peoples' bare feet, i can't stand them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have an irrational fear of stopping under bridges and the bridge collapsing on me haha. that is crazy i know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...you are too sweet, I've missed reading your blog too missy. btw, did you get my package?

    Fears: BIRDS and the pain of dying (not dying though, I've competely come to terms with that ahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should follow my blog at wwww.lifewithiji.blogspot.com

    It will be much appreciated. I need some more followers.
    MY page is utterly REVAMPED.

    Check it out.


    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, Aunt Josephine! What a babe!
    i'm scared of clowns, rollercoasters, and my irrational fear is bananas. they're not scary, they're just... wierd.

    i'm always scared people can see me. i'm paranoid or someone secretly installing a camera in my toilet or something and then showing the whole school. yeah.. i'm weird, haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I live near the bridge in MN that collapsed so I'm a little scared of bridges now. And saying something stupid. Oh and a tornado sweeping me away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahaha I looove this!! I agree too though!!
    olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHMYGOSH YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EMBRASSING IT IS TO CLOG SOMEONES TOILET! its a long story, but in the end the whole second floor hallway was flooded and it left a watermark on the downstairs ceiling and my girl cousins swooned at the goodlooking plumber (atleast theres a spark of a bright side?)

    http://blair-waldork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I also have a huge fear of clogging other people's toilets. I have a huge fear of falling. I imagine falling and breaking a leg or an arm at random times.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. uhh I think the peach thing is everyon'es greatest fear..or is it! haha maybe just us :)
    the facial hair is also quite grose ...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree with all of these, except the peaches haha, love them. but that mustache is utterly repulsive, and I KNOW about san francisco, it's one of my favorite places. if either it or manhattan goes underwater, i won't even know what to do with myself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving this list, everything freaks me out cept peaches. i love peaches!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahaha the fears are so funny, but yet okay. irrational fear are not suppose to make sense. i am deathly terrified of cats. i'm talking tears when i see them...

    amoreeggrorr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. although facail hair is daunting I think it would be cool just once to have a boyfriend with a beard (like a full blown beard) its a goal for me in life. what dya think? xx

    ReplyDelete