Saturday, March 27, 2010
This magazine makes me wish I were five years old again. The other day I was in my ballet studio, helping the youngest class try on their costumes (they're little sunflowers!). While I was marveling over how tiny and adorable they are, I realized that that's how I looked just 10 years ago. And then sometimes, I do the reverse thing and think about how 10 years in the future, I'll be 25! Out of my house, out of college! It makes me really scared. Time is flying by so fast.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
1.) Write some letters to far away places
2.) Have a successful garden (yesterday we planted swiss chard and peas!).
3.) Wear a lot of sundresses.
4.) Run at least three times a week.
5.) Take the metro to D.C. without my parents.
6.) Bake macaroons.
7.) Read at least 2 books per month.
8.) Open an Etsy shop.
9.) Go vegan for a day, or maybe a week.
10.) Improve my Spanish accent.
11.) Get a haircut. And not the "just a trim" type.
Do you have any spring goals you'd like to share?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Hello my pretties, it's time for another Word of the Week on Wednesday (haven't done one in forever!). This week's word is:
1. a hodgepodge
2. jumble; a mixture of diverse things
My mom taught me this word so I can use it instead of smorgasbord, which I can't pronounce. I always say something like schmorgasborg! Anyway, this post is going to be somewhat of a gallimaufry, just because there are some things I want to talk about that can't be organized into one category.
1. I know it's expected that I apologize for not posting in ages, but I'm not going to. I'm not sorry that avoiding blogging for a week helped me get on track with my schoolwork tremendously, and let me go out last weekend. Okay? Okay.
3. Ra Ra Riot is a really good band, it's been my favorite for a while. I will play electric cello in a band some day, I promise you.
4. I am deleting my cupcake blog in a few days, so if you were one of the few people who actually reads it go look at it one last time! I don't have time to make quality posts. But no worries, I shall still be baking cupcakes like these:
Okay, I’ll be having more posts soon I think. Laterrr.
Monday, March 8, 2010
So confession time. I LOVE LADY GAGA! She’s really honest and determined unlike almost everyone else in the music industry. She does and wears what she wants and doesn’t care how many people call her a freak- I think it’s so admirable to be that confident. She worked really hard to accomplish what she has and that shows how great of an artist she is.
On Sunday my best friend Syd and I put together a little tribute to LG in the form of cookies, which I first got the idea from here. The ones we came up with weren’t nearly as awesome as those, but it was really fun to decorate them while listening to The Fame and they were delicious too. Here are our results:
Tehehe. Must make more celebrity inspired cookies soon.
Friday, March 5, 2010
2. I would rather buy stuff off Etsy than have to deal with obnoxious shoppers and cashiers at the mall, even if my friends are with me.
3. If I could give my younger self one piece of advice it would be to stop being friends with all those “friends” who don’t really appreciate you for who you are. You’ll save years of problems if you learn to surround yourself with people that will support you rather than put you down.
4. If I won the lottery tomorrow I’d buy new cars for both my parents and fix our house. Then I’d put half in a savings account for college for me and my sister. Then I’d donate a lot to charity. Then I’d have a little shopping spree.
5. The best surprise I’ve ever gotten was deciding to shake things up and sign up for field hockey last fall, which resulted in me meeting some of the greatest people in the world and breaking a lot of the ties I’d put on myself before.
6. My biggest fault is that sometimes I try so hard to please other people that I forget to take care of myself.
7. My biggest strength is I am extremely nonjudgmental. It’s never made sense to me why some people think it’s necessary to put others down just because they’re different.
Find more Fill in the Blanks Fridays here. They’re fun, try one!
Also, here is an amazing video by Angela Kohler that I first saw on Many Little Things. I LOVE STOP MOTION.
Hope you all have lovely weekends!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
What I’m about to tell you is super mega in the works, but… I’m thinking of starting an Etsy shop! I’ve been slowing building up my hair clip arsenal so I’ll have enough to open a shop by summer, maybe. But I don’t like these ones all that much actually, so they won’t be going in! Based on the types of clips I’m capable of making (like the ones here and here), do any of you have requests for clips/headbands/etc. that you’d like to see in the shop?
And hm, other good things about these past few days:
- Acing a government quiz I thought I’d fail
- going out with Dee to eat pancakes, fruit salad and chocolate cake for dinner
- deciding that when I grow up, I am going to live in France/French-speaking Canada so I can name my children Clementine, Joanie, and Oliver (but you have to say it like ole-iv-ee-yay!)
Splendiferous. Later alligators.