Thursday, February 25, 2010
So in the mean time I've managed to make myself feel slightly better by deciding that I want to be a sand artist when I grow up.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
A PB Teen chandelier like this would also be lovely!
Hooray, time to start shopping!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
In the mean time, how about some music? Yay music? Yes, yay music! This is 10 Mile Stereo from the new Beach House album Teen Dream. Too good.
Okay, hopefully everything will be back to normal next week so I’ll actually be able to give you some decent posts! Hope you’re all having fabulous weeks.
Friday, February 12, 2010
The rules are as follows: fill in 12 likes, 1 love and 8 hates like Cassie in her therapy video (here). Below, the bolded things are what you MUST include. Also, please link it back to Erimentha and 3 other blogs you adore. I choose to pass it on to:
Bella of English Eccentric because she’s super imaginative and would be great at something like this. Jenna of THE GIRL WHO CRIED WOLFE because she’s just returned from a blogging hiatus and must now tell some interesting things about herself to make it up to her loyal, post hungry readers. Olivia of Olivia’s Pizzazz because she’s oh so stylish and puts well, pizzazz, into everything she does.
I like putting on a just-ironed shirt.
I like having breakfast for dinner.
I like words with q's in them.
I like houses with all wood flooring.
I like eating icicles.
I like giving advice and being appreciated for it.
I like to see people smile when I give them cupcakes.
I like having my hair played with.
I like laughing at ridiculous infomercials.
I like going on walks in the cold and coming back with flushed cheeks.
I love being with friends and realizing that they're the right ones.
Today I am going to bake brownies and watch FRIENDS with my sister.
In some ways, I love everything.
Its less, its less of a thing to like, its less distinct, its less particular.
I like things that I like but I love everything.
There’s more choice in like cos even the worst things have things you love in them.
I don’t know what you mean about things I hate.
I hate moths.
I hate country music no matter how open minded I try to be.
I hate the word retard.
I hate scary movies.
I hate when people give me "the once over".
I hate asking for help, but in a way, I'm starting to see that I sometimes need it.
I hate having my name (Caroline) pronounced as Carolyn.
I hate when people think they should always use "I" and "whom" when in some cases it's actually correct to say "me" or "who".
I hate this, wow...
I. Heart. Cassie.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
1. hazy, vague, indistinct, or confused
2. cloudy or cloudlike
Nebulous things this week include:
1. How I’m going to stay sane this week! Over the weekend, it snowed two and a half feet and it’s currently snowing again, which will add another foot or so. School has been canceled for the rest of this week already. And it’s nice to have a break and all, but I am seriously running out of things to do! The roads aren’t plowed and there are 45 mph winds, so I’m stuck inside. If any of you have any suggestions of how to stay occupied/ hit up my formspring I will love you forever/be eternally grateful.
2. Nebulas (I know you’re thinking well duh Kiki, nebulous nebulas? But I love nebulas so I’m going to show you some pictures of them nananana booboo)! I’ve been fascinated by astronomy since I was little and love going through the NASA archives.3. This skirt, from Beklina. Want want want! But will not get get get because a) it’s not in my size and b) even though it’s on sale it’s still $230. Off to… read maybe? Adios!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
1. Lowercase tee
4. Thomas Broome drawing (click picture to zoom in!) My favorite fonts are Helvetica and Times, which is what I use on this blog. I hate Arial and Comic Sans. Do you have a favorite typeface?
Saturday, February 6, 2010
But just the same, I was happy when I got woken up this morning from all the lights flicking back on! And it made me even happier to see that the lovely Tegan had given my little blog an award:
And now I'm to answer all these survey questions. It's really long so be warned!
1. Where is your cell phone? No clue?
2. Your hair? Let's say chocolate brown.
3. Your mother? Lovely book editor who loves coke and macaroons. Excellent listener.
4. Your father? A mix of wise, smart, obnoxious, caring, cautious, funny and eccentric. Sometimes all at once, sometimes not.
6. Your dream last night? This reoccurring one I have where my cereal turns into moths in my mouth.
7. Your favourite drink? Water.
8. Your dream/goal? Be the best person I can be.
9. What room are you in? Office.
10. Your hobby? Music and art and well.. everything in the world could turn into a hobby for me.
11. Your fear? Moths, swimming with fish (no not sharks, I mean like little minnows you could squish with your foot), the dark.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? College.
13. Where were you last night? In front of the fireplace.
14. Something you aren't? A robot.
15. Muffins? Chocolate.
16. Wish list item? New wardrobe.
17. Where did you grow up? D.C. for a bit then Maryland.
18. Last thing you did? Eat oatmeal.
19. What are you wearing? Plaid pajamas and penguin slippers.
20. Your TV? Rarely used.
21. Your pets? Slight cynical cat named Shadow.
22. Your friends? Perfect.
23. Your life? Has a lot more in store hopefully.
24. Your mood? Happy.
25. Missing someone? Someones.
26. Vehichle? My legs?
27. Something you are not wearing? An armadillo.
28. Your favourite store? Etsy.
29. Your favourite colour? Indigo.
30. When was the last time you laughed? 10 pm last night.
31. Last time you cried? Mmm like a week ago over something stupid.
33. One place that I go over and over? Home, but by default I guess.
34. One person who emails you regularly? My mother, haha.
35. Favourite place to eat? Home, or the Lebanese taverna.
Hope you all enjoyed that randomness or skipped it altogether. I tag anyone who wants this, especially my awesome new followers!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I am constantly inspired by the cello, and clearly other people are too! For example: Contrived to Charm belt.
Recycled cello string bracelet with crystal and silver.
And my favorite piece at the moment (I say at the moment because I have soooo many and change my mind a lot):
I know that classical music can seem rather boring if it’s not what you’re used to, but I would really appreciate it if you guys would listen to this since cello is so close to my heart :]
Happy almost Friday!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
I signed up for the one Camille started and got it a week ago. I got to see all Camille's entries, and am currently filling the pages with my work. When I'm done, I have to send it alllll the way to Denton Texas! Then it's going to California, D.C., Massachusetts, Florida, Wisconsin, and wherever else an interested person signs up for it.
I'm not exactly comfortable with showing my entries on this blog as they're rather personal (it's actually really easy to pour your heart out to people you'll never know), but here are some of the types of entries you might see...
I love seeing other peoples’ art so unfiltered. It inspires me to set aside the time to be creative, which is saying a lot considering how busy I’ve been lately! So I highly recommend that you all sign up for a journal or two, it’s really fun and stress relieving and all that good stuff. Ya might learn something too, either from seeing what entries you come up with or from reading someone else’s.