Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1001 Journals

A couple weeks ago my friend Camille started a project on 1001 Journals. The idea is that someone buys a blank journal and fills it with sketches, paintings, collages, thoughts, lyrics, etc. Then other people sign up for the journal and it gets mailed to them, so they can fill it with entries too. So potentially one journal could go all around the world!

I signed up for the one Camille started and got it a week ago. I got to see all Camille's entries, and am currently filling the pages with my work. When I'm done, I have to send it alllll the way to Denton Texas! Then it's going to California, D.C., Massachusetts, Florida, Wisconsin, and wherever else an interested person signs up for it.

I'm not exactly comfortable with showing my entries on this blog as they're rather personal (it's actually really easy to pour your heart out to people you'll never know), but here are some of the types of entries you might see...

journal4journal2

journal1

journal3

I love seeing other peoples’ art so unfiltered. It inspires me to set aside the time to be creative, which is saying a lot considering how busy I’ve been lately! So I highly recommend that you all sign up for a journal or two, it’s really fun and stress relieving and all that good stuff. Ya might learn something too, either from seeing what entries you come up with or from reading someone else’s.

11 comments:

  1. :O
    that's so amazing! i hope the journal comes round to me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so so amazing. I really really love that whole concept. I would love to read and see creativity from complete strangers.....I'm sort of at a loss for words. It must be so much fun to participate! Like a message in a bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful idea.
    very creative sounds fun too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and yeah - we all thought it was illegal too! but ... i guess not! hmph! totally unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a brilliant idea, i'd love to join something like that. perhaps i'll look into it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of 1001 journals! I have been a fanatic for some time now but haven't gone around to actually participating. Hopefully once things at school settle down a bit I will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is quite creative! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats such a great idea!






    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete