Sunday, December 13, 2009

old sweater

I like clothes with stories behind them. I guess that most of my wardrobe is made of mass produced, brand name clothing, but I have a few pieces that are really meaningful. Case in point, this sweater.

Today I was going through my closet, trying to avoid wearing 'the usual' when I came across it. My great grandma brought it back from Scotland for my eight year old mom, many many many years ago. Then after my mom outgrew it, she kept it to give to me when I was about eight. I loved the pattern and color of it when I first got it and wore it a lot, until it became too awkwardly small. I'd forgotten about it until this morning, and I realized that it's now the perfect size for me to wear as a cropped sweater. Made my day! And now it's my turn to keep it and pass it on to my daughter!

9 comments:

  1. Cute sweater! Makes me want to rummage through all of my grandma's old stuff--I know she used to make her own clothes.

    ~Sonny ///

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love items that are passed on through family generations, it's so so meaningful and that sweater looks so pretty on you , it looks like it's actually MADE for you and your family
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is gorgeous! and what wonderful meaning to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that jumper is simply lovely, it so nice when you find things which you forgot about too, I recently discovered my mums old knitted jumpers which made me very happy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a really great sweater. hehe, you say "sweater" ... love it xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh and yeah, secret santa is awesome - i recommend it for next year! and I break up on Friday the 18th - 2 days to go!! How about you? xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...23rd December. That is pretty barking mad, haha.

    I love this sweater and the fact that it's getting passed on from generation to generation gives me extra warm fuzzies.

    ReplyDelete