Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Swine '09

Yes, it's true my dears- yours truly has been diagnosed with the lovely H1N1 virus! I feel so terrible. Yesterday I started having a high fever (103 degrees!), coughing, sneeze attacks, body aches & headaches, lightheaded-ness, a sore throat, and chills. So my mom decided to take me to the doctor. They made me wear a mask in the waiting room so I wouldn't infect anyone else. I felt like such an idiot. But anyway, they tested some of my spit and told me that I have swine flu! I have to be fever-free for 48 hours before I can go back to school, and since my fever is still at 100 degrees today, I think I'll be out for the whole week.

Since I can't do anything too strenuous/anything involving standing up for more than five minutes at a time without feeling faint, my activities are limited to: Sitting and using the computer. Sitting and reading. Sitting and listening to music. Sitting and attempting to do the homework my lovely teachers have emailed me. Sitting and watching movies. Sleeping. I AM SO BORED. I WANT TO PLAY FIELD HOCKEY.

So far today all I've done is listen to the acoustic versions of songs on It's Blitz repeatedly. My favorite is this one:


Well yay, now it's 10 AM. Only 12 more hours to kill until I go back to sleep. Expect lots of posts this week, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that is terrible! I mean I thought I felt really ill last week when I was poorly thinking I HAD SWINE FLU but what you have is nothing compared to me ;/
    You must be so bored like you said - just ee posting and make them as entertaining as possible.
    HANG IN THERE (:
    *gives an imaginary get well soon card saying GET WELL SOON (obviously).

    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get well soon darling
    I had it in July,
    do you have tamiflu?

    ReplyDelete