Monday, January 4, 2010

slightly late resolutions post!

Or I should say non-resolution post. I don't really like the idea of new year's resolutions, because if you pick anything too specific, it often sets you up for failure. Plus, you always end up accomplishing a lot throughout the year that you couldn't have predicted earlier, so it doesn't matter if you don't complete the resolutions you made in January. I guess if I had to pick a goal for 2010 it would just be to be happy!

And I've decided to restart my project 365. I randomly started my first around May of 2009 and really enjoyed it for a while. But then my life got a lot busier and more hectic, so I had a hard time taking pictures that really showed what I was capable of, photography-wise. And often times I wouldn't have time to upload my pictures until weeks after I'd taken them, which lead to me being overly stressed about which picture I took on which day and how a lot of them actually sucked. In other words, it stopped being fun for me. So I quit.
But I'm starting fresh in 2010, with a goal of uploading a picture to the computer every day to make sure I know which day I took it. And I'm going to make a flickr album that will hopefully motivate me to keep uploading. I'd be very happy to hear if anyone else is starting their own 365 Project!

Oh and while I'm at it, I suppose I'll share a couple of my favorite pictures from the uncompleted project.

Hope you're all having fantastic 2010s so far. If any of you have made resolutions, what are they?

6 comments:

  1. Wait stop. Your pictures are amazing! I wanted to do Project 365, but I think I'm going to start with my birthday, and capture the 17th year of my life or something. But really, your pictures are ridiculous--especially the jellyfish, and the shoes, and the sky, and the chalkboard.... actually all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last one kiki, and glad you had a DECENT time in Nebraska by the way haha.
    I hate specific new years resolutions too, so far the start of the year hasnt gone to well for me :( bring back 09 please!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only make non resolutions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah what a good idea, Mine was to be healthy but that failed :) Your photos are amazing, good luck with your project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, how strange!
    I'm glad you didn't. It was my one stroke of genius.

    I love your project 365, I think I might just join you on that.

    twirls&pearls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love the luchador wrestler, ooooh and the jellyfish! I'd love to do a project like that but think I'd become too busy and they'd just become all crappy. Nonetheless, I would still like to do a project.

    I hope your having a lovely 2010 too:)

    ReplyDelete